Birth Doula Support Packages
"You are constructing your own reality with the choices you make...or don't make. If you really want a healthy pregnancy and joyful birth, and you truly understand that you are the one in control, then you must examine what you have or haven't done so far to create the outcome you want."
See a great video on dads and doulas by clicking here.
For current support packages and to compare the different levels of doula support available, please see the Doula Services page of the Hudson River Doulas.
The Full Support Package
- A no-obligation complimentary consultation(up to one hour): We will meet to discuss your birth expectations and get to know each other and assess our compatibility over the phone followed by an in-person meeting and contract review.
- Prenatal Meeting: I will meet with you and we will cover the signs and
stages of labor, timing contractions, when to call and hands-on demonstration of comfort
positions and techniques including rebozo instruction for dads/partners to practice at home.
Not intended to replace childbirth education classes.
- Birth Preference Guidance: I will assist you in putting together a birth plan that reflects your
birth preferences while still being realistic and flexible to emergent
situations and complications. If you already have a birth plan, we will
review it together.
- Birth Preparation: I will assist you in exploring your options
choice of care provider to local childbirth preparation classes and place of birth. A Comfort Measures class is also available, check with me for upcoming dates.
- Phone/E-Mail/Text Support: Courtney is available to you throughout
your pregnancy to discuss your questions
and concerns via phone and e-mail.Continuous Birth Support
For planned vaginal births: Click Here for more details
For planned or emergency cesarean births: Click Here
- Custom prenatal and birth support is available for perinatal loss as well as those becoming parents through adoption and surrogacy. Great support is available for the birth mother or gestational carrier as well as the new parents.
- Following the birth, we will stay until you are settled
into your room with your baby, up to two hours after the birth. If your baby is in the NICU, we will make
the arrangements with your nurse for you to see the baby or at least to see a
picture of your baby.
- Breastfeeding support: I am a Certified Lactation Counselor and can assist you with initial latch-on guidance. For further assistance with any ongoing concerns that I am unable to address, I can refer you to your local IBCLC, La Leche League or other breastfeeding/pumping support group for further assistance.
- Optional Postpartum Visit: I
will visit with you prior to your hospital discharge or come to your home to go over you birth story and answer any
questions. We will also help support your transition into parenthood by
answering any questions you may have and recommending resources to
further assist you.
The Just Birth Package
A great package for repeat clients!
The Just Prenatal PackageDesigned specifically for mamas who only want their partner and their mom
(or other friend/relative) in the room during the birth but would still like the
benefits of doula support and knowledge. Also helpful in instances of hospital visitor restriction. This package includes:
- 1-2 Prenatal Visits at least one with all 3
people present, that visit being more focused on the support
people and what they can do to help support and comfort the mother during labor including rebozo use.
- Phone/E-Mail/Text Support 24/7 for the prenatal period as well as during the labor for your questions and concerns.
- Comfort Measures for Childbirth
- Intro to Newborn Care
- Adoption & Surrogacy Support
- Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support
- Lactation Counseling
- "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will
forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel."
- - Maya Angelou